Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend on an Island - Part I - Journey Begins

I’m just living, man and in a while would be just there, in that moment, in that special place and time. By the deep sea where silence pours into my heart, I love not madness of the man less, but naive of the nature more and more. Maybe when I get back, I would pen down about the vast abysses of time and space finding myself through the crevices of my own world!
This began with a splendid weekend spent on an isolated and deserted Pirotan Island situated near Jamnagar. Planning was in place from almost a month and my gang had forgotten me to include. But somehow after few stints things went smoothly and my name was added later on the permit to enter the Pirotan Islands issued by the Forest Department. I had to attend the ring ceremony of one of my friends before catching the train which had a scheduled departure of 19.25hrs from the boarding station. I was very involved with some of my old school mates to whom I was meeting after years and had almost forgot the clock ticking on its time. I had to rush hurriedly in the mad traffic of Ahmedabad. Even though I was speeding rashly, I still missed the train from the boarding station. I was bit anxious to miss out the train and looking for more help as even auto rickshaws were not ready to drop me at the Ahmedabad Junction. As usual everything was working against my favor. Somehow one old auto rickshaw driver was ready to drop me at the Ahmedabad Junction. I was badly stuck en route. It was peak hours and roads were jammed with two wheelers honking and the people busy enough to move away to attend their conking rings of the cell phone. I was holding onto my nerves. I reached the Ahmedabad Junction at around 20.03hrs and scheduled departure was of 20.05 hrs. Train was late by one minute and it would take 5 min from the entrance gate to catch the train which was moving from platform #5. I was on the over pass railway bridge and train had already started moving, while just running as fast as I could make my way pushing and dragging my self through the rushing crowd. Finally, somehow I managed to get on the last bogey of the train. I was traveling alone in the train and rest of the group in another as they were being fooled at the end moment on the Baroda railway station. They got their tickets booked through an agent and where not aware till the end moment by which train they were supposed to travel. They had left almost an hour (though train was running late by an hour) before my train had left. Anyhow I happened to meet them at Hapa station at around 02.30hrs, just a station before our destination and as my train was on time theirs had to halt to let go the train running on time. Finally we reached at Jamnagar at around 02.45hr and had our early morning snacks and tea and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment