Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dad and the kid

Last I remember, dad carried his son over a bicycle was some 15 years back. And yesterday night the kid got the same pleasure, though this time it was a bike (Scooty Pep). He wanted to ride the motorbike, but the kid, who has now grown up to be an adult had a lot of apprehensions as to how his dad would manage to ride at an age of 60+ with a foot problem. But the kid within my dad always wanted to do so without any fear and care. One of my friend's Scooty was lying at the apartment from more than a month, and as the grown up kid was not allowing the dad to ride his motorbike, dad took over the Scooty and had a merry-go-round in the nearby lanes during the afternoon. As I reached home in the evening after office, I took him over a ride positioning myself to back seat as a kid that used to have fun in the childhood, guiding him through the busy streets, where he rode freely and swiftly. Could see that immeasurable joy on his face which made him fell as he too belonged too this modern era of technology. This dictated a full stop to my apprehensions and gave me the confidence that he too could ride perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment