Sunday, September 27, 2009

Navaratri

Was eagerly waiting for the festival to begin and had lots of zest and zeal to enjoy Navaratri as I was back in Ahmedabad after 3 years. Was dieing like anything to celebrate Navaratri back in Ahmedabad. Unfortunately was fully loaded with undue work pressure as one of my team member was suffering from viral fever and was off for the rest of the whole week. In last 10 days I ingrained the habit of stretching myself till late hours in purview to delineate the timeline. (which turned into deadline) The days of Navaratri passed with prolonged and grueling 12-14 hours of work including weekends and festive holidays. Slowly it started turning the worst Navaratri that I had ever seen in spite of being in Ahmedabad. Day before yesterday I was returning from the office and it was almost 11 in the night, I was completely drenched and tired with the work. On the way to home from office I found several road blockages and almost forgot that it was Navaratri ongoing and folks enjoying the festive mood devoting there selves to Ambe MAA. I still remember how we used to vagabond to collect the tickets and pass of the different venues and now when I had enough contacts for direct entries to the major of the venues I couldn't find time to play garba's. Today is the last Navaratri night and standing in the balcony I see one of my friend (who has returned from UK for Navaratri) waiving me to accompany her, and I have no zest and zeal left to push myself down from the second floor to play dandiya.

2 comments:

  1. sad man...hope u did go down with ur friend!

    even i attended one night of festivity at nid (the last night actually)...and it turned out to be a major socializing event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. even i was hoping the same... bt was so much tired that i didn't felt like goin anywhere else then my bed....

    ReplyDelete